Saturday, January 22, 2011

Adrien English Mysteries: Fatal Shadows and A Dangerous Thing by Josh Lanyon

Adrien English Mysteries: Fatal Shadows and A Dangerous ThingAdrien English Mysteries: Fatal Shadows and A Dangerous Thing by Josh Lanyon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Blurb:

Relationships can be murder. Bookseller and mystery author Adrien English is looking for love in all the wrong places--and, according to hot and handsome LAPD detective Jake Riordan, it's liable to get him killed.

My Review:

Fatal Shadows and A Dangerous Thing are the first two books of the Adrien English series, sold together as one book for Kindle. This mystery romance was my first M/M book, and though I skipped over the explicit scenes, I fell for Adrien and his snappy narration.   I enjoyed the other characters as well, including Adrien's over-protective mother, his closeted love interest and his slightly spooky assistant.

Despite his uncanny ability to get tangled up in murder mysteries, Adrien's not a private eye or a cop. He's just a mystery book store owner who's trying to make it through the day and find acceptance and love . . . preferably without discovering any more bodies along the way. 

This book came highly recommended and did not disappoint. In fact, I'm already devouring the third book in the series. Explicit scenes aside--which are not my thing--this is a four star read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment